Today, I’m going to share The Batman Workout!
If you plan on fighting crime in your city, you’ve come to the right place.
We specialize in creating nerdy-themed exercise routines in our Online Coaching Program, because we like to have FUN with our training!
Here’s what we’ll cover:
Alright, grab your cape, and let’s do this.
How Would Batman Train in Real Life?
As Ryan from GMB mentions in the video above, Batman needs to train for:
Now, a gym could be useful here. However, sometimes we don’t always have access to a fitness facility.
Maybe we’ve been thrown into some sketchy prison somewhere (thanks Bane).
BUT, that doesn’t mean we can’t work out. It just means we have to focus on bodyweight exercises:
As we mention in our Guide to Bodyweight Training, you really don’t need any equipment to get a full-body workout in. You just need the right plan.
Let me show you what I mean.
The Batman Workout DAY 1
The Batman Workout Day 1:
Once you get proficient at a level, go up one level for that exercise and work on mastering that within the workout.
Don’t try and jump up to the next progression too quickly. Focus on form and performing each rep as cleanly as you can. That is what will get you strong and help you master the moves. Be sure to:
#2) How many reps should I do? How long should I perform the holds?
- Perform no more than 5 reps per movement for up to 3 sets.
- Work on performing holds for 5 to 8 seconds per set.
- Perform all sets of one exercise before moving on to the next exercise.
#3) How often should I do the Batman Workout?
Give yourself at least a day of rest in between the workouts.
You can even add in sprints or intervals on your off days for extra stamina work if you would like.
#4) What if I don’t have a bar?
In the video below, Coach Jim walks you through what to do if you don’t have a pull-up bar:
For more here, check out How to Do Pull-ups Without a Bar.
#5) Can I wear a cap while doing the Batman Workout?
Get strong without picking up a weight
Maybe you hate gyms. Maybe you travel like crazy. Maybe you just enjoy exercising outdoors.
No matter your reason, You CAN build muscle and size or simply lose weight and get in shape with only bodyweight exercises.
Just ask Jimmy here:
Jimmy didn’t want to leave his home to train, so we helped him build a plan to do just that.
Want some help from us too?
Here’s how Nerd Fitness can get you ready to fight crime:
1) If you want step-by-step guidance, a custom bodyweight training program that levels up as you get stronger, and a coach to keep you accountable, check out our killer 1-on-1 coaching program:
2) If you want an exact blueprint for working out at home, check out NF Journey. Our fun habit-building app helps you exercise more frequently, eat healthier, and level up your life (literally).
Try your free trial right here:
3) Join the Rebellion! We need good people like you in our community, the Nerd Fitness Rebellion.
Sign up in the box below to enlist and get our guide, Strength Training 101: Everything You Need to Know. It’ll help you start incorporating bodyweight moves into your training.
Download our comprehensive guide
- Everything you need to know about getting strong.
- Workout routines for bodyweight AND weight training.
- How to find the right gym and train properly in one.
Alright, that about wraps it up for today.
Tune in for more next time!
Same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel.
photo source: ©rosinka79/123RF.COM, batman action figure,
I’m a health and wellness writer and blogger with an interest in food, fitness, and living life to the fullest.
Life is a journey. Every day is a new opportunity to find your balance and take care of yourself.
I’m an introverted, diet-conscious woman who is passionate about sharing health and wellness tips to help others.